Pay: 75,000€ per year with great benefits
Remote: UTC-6 → UTC+3 (NY to Madagascar)
Hey, I’m Nathan, a co-founder of Shareup and currently the “web team lead” for Shareup 😅 We are a team of 3 today: Adam is a designer and frontend dev, and Anthony is primarily Apple-focused, but he’s also writing quite a lot of TypeScript these days too.
We are looking for the right person to join our nascent web team and help get our alpha version of Shareup ready for people to use and fall in love with.
Are you super into browsers and web standards? Do you care about progressive enhancement? Do you love TypeScript? Are you committed to making web apps work offline? Do you care about every
I want to talk to you 💪
👉 Email [email protected]
Checkout my recent blog post where I detail our current Web Tech Stack 👀 to get a feel for where we are at today. Yes, we are using
deno, and we are loving it. We have some code to extract and publish as OSS as soon as we get time. I can send you some examples if you are interested, just email the above address.
We’ve put up a teaser page at new.space which will soon be our first production PWA launch. And we’ve created a list resources for building PWAs at pwaresources.dev to help anyone begin learning more about PWAs 💪
Shareup is the easiest, fastest way to securely share anything with anyone. We help teams collect, organize, and make sense of the myriad of files, links, and services they use to get their work done everyday. Sharing is currently too difficult and stressful! We are obsessed with relieving that stress and anxiety.
We are a design-led company. We define design as “how it works.” This includes everyone having an overview of the tech fundamentals, understanding the full experience flow for the customer, and contributing to the beautiful details of everything we make—from UIs to code to icons to all the assets and interfaces our customers see and touch.
We are, at our core, a group of people passionate about building great products for our customers. We think those products require a strong design vision, solid engineering focused on performance and stability, and reacting to customer feedback. More than that, we believe every employee at Shareup has a part to play in making sure we always adhere to those principles.
We are a fully remote team.
- Work alongside the founding team to build, test, and maintain a progressive web app and its services with a very modern tech stack.
- Write TypeScript, using types to help express the code’s intent to us humans just as much as to the computer.
- Extract and publish OSS libraries and projects when possible.
- Have opinions about tech, libraries, and drive the PWA project to incrementally improve.
- Contribute to the growth of the company through consistently shipping updates while continually receiving and addressing customer feedback.
- Internalize company goals and make strategic decisions based on them.
- Create a pleasant working environment that inspires everyone to do their best work.
- You have 2+ years of experience building PWAs or you are committed to quickly becoming the expert we need.
- You have 2+ years experience writing TypeScript destined for the browser.
- You are an expert at receiving and incorporating feedback.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You are optimistic and able to operate in ambiguous or changing situations.
- You support your decisions with feedback and data.
- You lead by example and contribute to the customer-facing work.
- You have experience working on an all-remote team.
- You have experience building teams/organizations from the ground up.
- You have experience shaping and leading the Web strategy for a team or organization.
- You care about and have experience creating accessible web interfaces and applications.
- You have experience building Web interfaces for many platforms and OS’s.
Why you’ll enjoy working at Shareup:
- You’ll have the opportunity to build a product that really improves people’s ability to collaborate while also reducing their stress and anxiety.
- You’ll work at a company that believes in personal empowerment and responsibility.
- You’ll receive competitive compensation and stock options.
- You’ll benefit from flexible hours, vacation, and coworkers who understand the value of taking time off to recharge and the need to prioritize family obligations.
How to apply:
Either email your CV/résumé to [email protected] or submit this form into our hiring software.
At Shareup we believe in supporting people to do their best work no matter their location. Our mission is to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company. We are striving to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels they are equally valued and respected. We welcome applicants of any education background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, ethnicity, disability, and socioeconomic status.
Please let us know if there is any way we can make the interview process better for you by adjusting for your unique needs. We are very happy to accommodate.
We are also hiring for:
Join our Apple team to build, test, and maintain a modern, universal Swift app targeting iOS, iPadOS, and macOS.